Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Days 2 and 3

I haven't really found an indoor place to walk near here, and since it's been snowing and really, really cold, I'm just walking at home. I'll walk in place for a bit, then walk around the house. All my animals look at me like I'm crazy. :)

So I'm happy to report that I am keeping up this training!! :) One more day of walking for 20 minutes, and then it's bumped to 30 minutes. For anyone curious of what the training entails, here is the link: http://www.fitfaq.com/first-5k-article.html

So I'm sticking with it, and hoping it warms up a little so I can go back to walking outside! Anyone have any suggestions of a place indoors to walk? The mall by me is really weirdly set up, and is not really made for walkers.

I'm thinking of adding a cardio workout also. The walking is great in getting me ready, but I want to lose weight too. I have a Biggest Loser workout video, so I might start using that if I can find it! It's around here somewhere! lol. :)

I hope everyone is having a great week! :)

3 comments:

  1. Have you thought about checking local colleges and/or high schools? Someone might have an indoor track open to the public. Wayne State? Eastern Mich? I'm not too good with my geography but something like that might be worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Could you join the Dearborn Community Center? I know that the Warren one has low payments and maybe you could do the treadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really good idea, Laura! Thanks! :)

    Thanks Jamie. I'm hoping to find something that's free. I don't have any money to spare right now, you know.

    ReplyDelete