Monday, January 12, 2009

Day One: Check!

I have decided to start a 10 week, 5K training program in support of my wonderful, amazing friend Tina. She is going to be doing a 5K race in TN on March 21st. Since I live in MI, it's not that easy for me to be in it with her, but I'm going to be there in spirit and training along with her!

Today was my first day of training. The task: walk for 20 minutes. Now in my mind I'm thinking that it's no big deal. I would walk around work all day, and I was fine. However, I haven't worked in a few months, and have given way to a much more sedentary lifestyle. No more!!

So I bundled up as warmly as I could, drove to my local park, stuck my earbuds for my ipod in my ears, and took off! It was a little bit of a fight for me at first. I was really cold, since it was only 19 degrees out and windy, and my legs were not happy with me. I pushed thru it and hit a bit of a stride. I was done in no time. :) By the end of the walk, I wasn't cold at all. :)

So I'm pretty happy, and maybe even a little proud of myself for starting this. I just hope to keep up. :) One day at a time.

3 comments: