Thursday, January 1, 2009

100 Things To Do Before You Die (Thanks Kath!)

I've taken this blog from my wonderful friend Kath (thanks Kath!) and am changing the answers to show the things on the list that I have and have not done. Much like Kath, I don't feel that everyone should do these specific things, but it's a great starting list. I might just add some ideas of my own at the bottom.

1. Started my own blog- obviously I have :)
2. Slept under the stars- many times
3. Played in a band- yes
4. Visited Hawaii- not yet
5. Watched a meteor shower- no
6. Given more than I can afford to charity- yes
7. Been to Disneyland/World- yes
8. Climbed a mountain- no, but not sure I want to
9. Held a praying mantis- not that I remember
10. Sung a solo- yes, when I was young
11. Bungee jumped - no
12. Visited Paris- not yet, but I will
13. Watched lightning at sea- at sea? I don't believe I have
14. Taught myself an art from scratch- yes
15. Adopted a child- no, but possibly someday
16. Had food poisoning- yes, and hopefully never again
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty- no
18. Grown my own vegetables- no
19. Seen the Mona Lisa- no
20. Slept on an overnight train- nope
21. Had a pillow fight- yes, many times
22. Hitchhiked- no, and don't plan on doing it
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - of course
24. Built a snow fort- yes
25. Held a lamb- yes
26. Gone skinny dipping- yep
27. Run a Marathon- no, and no plans to
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice- hopefully someday
29. Seen a total eclipse- no
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset- many times
31. Hit a home run - yes
32. Been on a cruise- No, but someday
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person- yes, but was young and don't remember it. I hope to go again.
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors- which ancestors? I would love to though.
35. Visited an Amish community- yes
36. Taught myself a new language- yes, but poorly
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied- not so far
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person- no
39. Gone rock climbing- yes
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David- no
41. Sung karaoke- no, but I'm sure I will
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt- no
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant- yes
44. Visited Africa- no
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight- yes
46. Been transported in an ambulance- no, but not in a big hurry for that
47. Had my portrait painted- no
48. Gone deep sea fishing- nope
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person- no, but hope to
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris- no, but that is my dream
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling- yes
52. Kissed in the rain- many, many times
53. Played in the mud- yes
54. Gone to a drive-in theater- no
55. Been in a movie- do home movies count? lol
56. Visited the Great Wall of China- no
57. Started a business- nope
58. Taken a martial arts class- no
59. Visited Russia- no
60. Served at a soup kitchen- no, but have helped one
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies- no, but I've bought plenty :)
62. Went Whale Watching- no
63. Got flowers for no reason- yes
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma- yes
65. Gone sky diving- no
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp- no
67. Bounced a check- yes
68. Flown in a helicopter- no
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy- yes
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial- yes
71. Eaten caviar- no
72. Pieced a quilt- yes
73. Stood in Times Square- no, but will
74. Toured the Everglades- no
75. Been fired from a job- yes
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London- no, but hope to
77. Broken a bone- no
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle- nope
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person- no
80. Published a book- no, I'm not a writer
81. Visited the Vatican- no
82. Bought a brand-new car- yes
83. Walked in Jerusalem- no
84. Had my picture in the newspaper- no
85. Read the entire Bible- no
86. Visited the White House- yes
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating- no, I could never do that
88. Had chickenpox- yes
89. Saved someone’s life- yes
90. Sat on a jury- yep
91. Met someone famous- sure have
92. Joined a book club- yes
93. Lost a loved one- yes. too many of them
94. Had a baby- no
95. Seen the Alamo in person- no
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake- no
97. Been involved in a law suit- no
98. Owned a cell phone- who hasn't?
99. Been stung by a bee- no, and hopefully never will
100. Ridden an elephant- no

Those are my replies to someone else's list. Here is a small list of things I want to do before I die.

*Go to Paris, and see the Eiffel Tower.
*Take a vacation to Hawaii with my husband.
*Get a college degree.
*Drive across the U.S. with my husband.
*Go to Australia.
*Make sure that all of my family and friends know how much I love them.
*See my husband achieve his dream.

So what's your list?

1 comment: